Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dating 3-26-11

I had date number... 24, I think, since the divorce. It went well, and I hope for another at some point. Met her through eHarmony. Outback and "Limitless." Main problem is that she lives out of state. I did the sport jacket thing and bought her some golf balls at the local sporting goods store. I think that sort of thing works much better than roses. I mean, anyone can buy a flower [and yellow is probably better on the first date], but the golf balls were part of a conversation she and I had a week or two ago. I was complaining about not being able to hit the things and she had said the dimples were cute. So, golf balls on the first date and DON'T go into the aerodynamic reasons for those same dimples! She doesn't want to know about hard and soft air pockets and  how projectiles should spin if they're going to be stable in flight for any distance longer than a few yards! I wanted to talk about spin, but I refrained. I was careful to tip well and, since there is no way I know to be sneaky about paying the bill with cash, I just counted out the change and acted like it was normal [which, of course, it was].

A note about "Limitless." It's a feel good movie. I'm not saying the human interaction portions were entirely unrealistic, but I am saying the producers probably test marketed this thing to get that ending. If you've seen the previews, then you know he's a junkie, and that point is driven home repeatedly, until they have the ending. It reminded me somewhat of pretty woman with that change of ending. You know they were supposed to fight at the end over her drug habit until the producers realized they wouldn't make much money that way.

1 comment:

  1. I love the golf balls as a nice-to-meet-you gift. Very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete